Please go to the Teaching Council website for the most up to date information on how to get registered as a teacher in New Zealand.
Reimbursement for your practicing certificate
Teachers can no longer have their practicing certificate fee reimbursed. From 12 July 2021 practicing certificates expire and are issued every three years.
Quick links to useful parts of the Teaching Council site
- Becoming a teacher in New Zealand
- Getting a practising certificate
- …for New Zealand teachers
- …for teachers coming from overseas
- Renewing a practicing certificate
- The competence process
- The conduct process
- All application forms
- How to update your details with the Teaching Council
Note: This is not an exhaustive list of what's on the Teaching Council website. Try using the Teaching Council search for topics of interest.