Come and join the country’s largest education union and work as a field officer working with NZEI Te Riu Roa members, including primary teachers, early childhood teachers, school support staff and special education staff.
NZEI Te Riu Roa is the organisation representing 47,000 primary and early childhood teachers, specialist education and advisory staff, early childhood, and school support staff. It is committed to high quality public education and to the application of the Treaty of Waitangi.
We need someone who can play an important role in the work and campaigns of NZEI. This role involves organising and supporting NZEI Te Riu Roa members in the Te Tai Tokerau area.
Your duties would include:
- Encouraging, supporting, and organising members to be active in NZEI campaigns
- Recruiting new members and supporting recruitment programmes
- Providing industrial and professional advice and support
- Assisting with membership education
- Maintaining regular contact with members
- Organising and running meetings
You need to have:
- High level communication skills
- Proven organising ability
- An interest and knowledge of the education sector and industrial relations
- An ability to work as part of a team
- Good time management skills
- An ability to develop and maintain networks and relationships
- Sound IT skills
- A willingness to learn
- A full NZ Driver’s Licence
Salary Range: $87953-$106156
NZEI Te Riu Roa is committed to upholding the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Candidates should either have or be committed to developing an understanding of Te Tiriti. We particularly welcome applications from people with experience in te reo and tikanga Māori.
A full job description is available here: Field-Officer-Te-Tai-Tokerau-Ad.pdf (nzeiteriuroa.org.nz)
Applications in confidence should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Field” in the subject line.
Applications close at 5pm Friday 5th May 2023
NZEI Te Riu Roa welcomes and supports people of all gender identities, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, religions, and disabilities/ abilities. An expectation of this role is to actively support and promote our diversity and inclusion principles. We want NZEI Te Riu Roa to be a place where you can bring your whole self to work.